top of page

Who We Are

Why "Blue Plum?"

The history of our organization’s name

Before Johnson City was a city, this little village was home to a post office in the 19th century called the Blue Plum Post Office. The post office — along with the rest of “Johnson’s Depot” in the village — was founded by entrepreneur Henry Johnson. 

 

The Blue Plum Post Office was located near the train stop at what’s now the corner of Buffalo Street and West State of Franklin Road. Johnson was postmaster and would later become the founder and namesake of modern day Johnson City with its incorporation by the state in 1869.

19th century train tracks.jpg

Board of Directors

1.png
Dianna Cantler
President
46469298_10217449306927585_614367158700343296_n.jpg
Caroline Abercrombie
Board Member
Victoria Hensley headshot.png
Victoria Hensley
Board Member
RAW.jpg
Cooper Reaves
Vice President
BP headshots.png
Jennifer Clements
Board Member
BluePlum-Logo-Plum-2blue (1).png
Amy Johnson
Board Member
7.png
Jenny Lockmiller
Secretary
BP headshots-2.png
Meagan Day
Board Member
6.png
Mike Stovall
Board Member
4.png
Stephanie Poget
Treasurer
BP headshots.png
Wes Fletcher
Board Member
3.png
Raina Wiseman
Board Member
bottom of page