FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
It is our goal to create and maintain a safe, clean and family friendly festival for everyone to enjoy. In its 14 previous years, the Blue Plum Festival has been a weekend of fun activities; great music, art and crafts; and enjoyable nightlife. The 15th festival promises to be even bigger and better than those of the past. With all the outdoor activities and opportunities to have a great time we would like to remind festival goers to enjoy Blue Plum Responsibly while attending the festival.
The following are recommendations that will make the festival more enjoyable for everyone in attendance:
- It will be hot, be sure to drink enough water to stay hydrated.
- Dress appropriately for the weather, and remember this is a family-friendly event.
- Bring your favorite festival chair so you can sit down when ever, where ever you like.
- Comfortable shoes will make your festival experience better; you will be walking a lot within the festival area.
- Sunburn is no fun; give yourself a good coat of sunscreen to protect your skin.
- Be sure to eat and drink plenty of water, especially if you plan on consuming alcohol.
- You must have a festival wristband to consume beer on the street, and the beer must be in a festival-cup.
- If you plan on drinking at the festival, set a limit of how much you plan on drinking and stick to it. We have absolutely no tolerance for abuse.
- Do not bring any glass containers, these can break and create dangerous areas for festival-goers.
- Families and Groups, establish a meeting place in the event you get separated, so you can catch up with your group.
- We love our pets, but it is not a good idea to bring them, the festival grounds will be hot, loud and is not adequately equipped for pets.
- Many roads downtown are closed off, surrounding roads are not, please take care crossing and stick to crosswalks and lights.
- Be courteous, everyone is here to have a good time.
- Keep our downtown clean during the festival, place your trash or recyclables in their proper receptacles.
- If you see something happening that concerns you, please let the police know, they are here to help keep the festival safe.
- Per city ordinance, the following items are strictly prohibited: coolers, glass bottles, glass thermos bottles, breakable glasses and/or cups or mugs, large bags and backpacks.
This message is sponsored by the Blue Plum Festival and its Sponsors.