We are thankful to each and every volunteer who participates in the Blue Plum Festival. Your Community attitude and hard work is truly appreciated!
The Blue Plum Festival relies on hundreds of volunteers for everything from planning and promoting the festival to a variety of tasks during the Festival.
Our volunteers are the backbone of the Blue Plum Festival. Some do it for the community service, some for the act of helping out, but no matter what the reason, we all do it because it is the Blue Plum and it’s FUN!
If you are interested in helping, or want more information about volunteering, please contact us and get involved!
SCROLL DOWN TO FILL OUT THE APPLICATION BELOW. We’ll give you a call to go over how you can help us put together one of the greatest festivals in the South!
There are many different types of volunteer opportunities on different days and with different time requirements, usually in 2 to 4 hour shifts. Here are some examples:
- TIPS card holders/ City Server and Seller Permit/ ABC server card (yellow): Need current permit holders to pour/serve at VIP stations and Brewhahha
- Festival set up and take down: Thurs 5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m., Sat 11:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m. – physical labor needed to move tables and chairs to event areas; set up tents and fencing; hang signs.
- 5K Race: Fri 4:00 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. – various needs, such as registration; safety guards to monitor intersections during the race.
- Information Stations: Fri 5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. or Sat 10:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. – greet and help festival goers with questions.
- Blue Plum Playhouse (Kid’s Area): Fri 1:00-7:00 p.m. and Sat. 11:00-7 :00p.m. – various needs working with children and families.
- Animation Festival: Fri 1:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. and Sat 11:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m. – hand out popcorn and water.
- Blue Hop Brewhaha: Sat 7 a.m. – midnight – Set up tables, tents, fencing, hang signs. Manage security checks & entrance/exit zones. Assist as needed.
- Founder’s Park: Fri & Sat noon – 1 a.m.; Set up tables, tents, fencing. Load in equipment and merchandise. Work at Merchandise table. And welcome/info stations.
- Pavilion: Fri & Sat noon – 1 a.m.